>
>
Homepage

The oldest history of the town

The oldest history of the town

, an image opens in a new windowAs we have already said the first mention about our town is going as far as the second half of the 14th century (1381 – according to a chronicle of the Frýdlant Manor). From that time we have some information about healing effects of a local spring. Thanks to many pilgrims who were coming from Lusatia for a visit of a pilgrimage church in Hejnice, Libverda became known to its neighborhood as early as in 15th century. It was mainly thanks to a spring of “God’s water” that gave refreshment to the above mentioned pilgrims. At first only one spring was available. And even some famous monarchs used it to cure themselves – Saxon sovereign Augustus I or duke Albrecht of Valdstein, who suffering of syphilidis and had the water delivered after him wherever he went to.

In the middle of the 16th century there were 40 estates – 21 farmers, 1 gardener, 10 farm labourers and 8 cottage owners. Then there was a mill, a saw mill and three black-smiths`. According to a list of peasants, produced in 1651 and based on their religion, number of inhabitants was 113.

In 1771 number plates, as in many other villages, were put onto houses. Number one was usually given to a pub. There were 68 houses at that time, and by 1786 the number increased to 78.

, an image opens in a new windowAfter Earl Piliph Joseph Gallas` death in 1757, the Frydlant Manor was inherited by his nephew Kristian Philip Clam with one condition – that he and his descendants would use the name Gallas next to their own name, and that they would also use a Gallas coat-of-arms. And so a new family branch of Clam-Gallas came into its existence. It was this new owner of the Manor who is considered a founder of the present spa.

Created 7.2.2007 14:31:04 - updated 3.3.2014 15:22:16 | read 16389x | Floresiensis

Top news

Events

Survey

 
49% (311)
 
50% (314)
All surveys and quizzes
 

Lázně Libverda

The town Lázně Libverda is situated in the attractive area on the northern foothills of the Jizera mountains. At the moment the population is approximately 460 inhabitants. The town itself lies 424 metres above the sea level, on the boundary with Germany and Poland, and its area is 1320 hectares wide.

The town is surrounded by mixed forests which together with its location set its climate charakter. A Halley where the town is situated is closed by mount Smrk (1124 m). There can be found a part of a Nature reservation „Jizerské bučiny" and a natural commemoration "Klečoviště na Smrku". For its wonderful setting Lázně Libverda becomes one of the most impressive destinations.



Partnerská města

swieradow zdroj mirsk trzebiel

Loga partnerů

Projekt byl podpořen z dotačního fondu Libereckého kraje.
banner cemba banner swieradowzdroj
Obecní úřad Lázně Libverda © 2007 | Lázně Libverda 16, 46362 Hejnice
Tel: 482 322 151 | E-mail: info@laznelibverda.cz
 
load